at 8:40 am on Monday, 29 November 2010
If you are a current 8th grader and are interested in applying to a Henrico County Specialty Center, please find the application here: SpecApp2011
at 1:49 pm on Wednesday, 17 November 2010
WHAT IS FORENSICS?
Forensics is a competitive Speech and Debate team that gives students the opportunity to use their speaking, analytical and critical thinking skills. Students get a chance to travel to other high schools and universities in and around Virginia. Students get to expand their horizons, as well as earn extra credit points in their classes.
at 7:24 pm on Friday, 12 November 2010
Students write two World Literature papers in the course of their two years in Language A1: English. WL1 is written in April and May of the junior year in our program. Students undergo a rigorous composing, drafting and editing process in a lab like setting. These papers were returned on Tuesday, November 9, and will be due, in perfected and polished form to be submitted to IB for 10% of their IB English score on THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 18. Students will also receive a HCPS grade for turning in the parts on time and for the quality of their revision.
Today’s senior seminar focused on the revision process of this essay. For the power point on the revision process, look here: The World Lit 1 paper – Revisions
at 2:58 pm on Wednesday, 10 November 2010
If you lost your worksheet or were absent last week, here is the worksheet. Secrets of the Mind. It is due to your TOK teacher before Thanksgiving.
at 2:56 pm on Wednesday, 10 November 2010
Don’t forget to take your Honesty Quiz via the Honesty website linked through the first page on your right. If you have lost your instruction sheet as to how to become a Quia member and how to sign in, you will find those instructions on that same page to the right.
at 1:11 pm on Monday, 8 November 2010
A parents sent their interesting article about necessary workplace skills. Reflected in it, you can see that the Learner Profile is an essential part of our students’ education!
at 1:10 pm on Monday, 8 November 2010
All students are registered in ManageBac and should have received an “welcome” email. Unfortunately, some students did not save the information from that email and now are having trouble using the site. It is vital that all students keep track of how to use the system as they are responsible for using it to document their CAS progress.
Mr. Rigler will be visiting classrooms on the following schedule:
Monday November 8th
8:45-9:32 Todd Rigler 10th Grade
9:38-10:25 Todd Rigler 10th Grade
2:05-2:52 Todd Rigler 10th Grade
2:58-3:45 Todd Rigler 10th Grade
Tuesday November 9th
8:45-9:30 Tracey Alexander 9th Grade
9:35-10:20 Matt Engel 11th Grade
1:49-2:35 Tracey Alexander 9th Grade
2:40-3:25 Matt Engel 11th Grade
Wednesday November 10th
8:45-9:30 Matt Engel 11th Grade
9:35-10:20 Britt Arthur 12th Grade
10:26-11:10 Britt Arthur 12th Grade
11:15-12:00 Tracey Alexander 9th Grade
1:49-2:35 Britt Arthur 12th Grade
Friday November 12th
12:07-12:50 Tracey Alexander 9th Grade
at 1:07 pm on Monday, 8 November 2010
Here is the latest scholarship information! November v4
at 8:19 am on Thursday, 4 November 2010
IB Senior Inesha P took part in this very rewarding program and would like to share her experiences. Read more here: hsd poster
at 11:34 am on Wednesday, 3 November 2010
Academic and Mentorship
2011 Summer Residential Governor’s School
- All potential applicants must be current 10th or 11th grade students; with priority going to 11th graders.
- Go to http://www.doe.virginia.gov/instruction/governors_school_programs/summer_residential/index.shtml
for more information and application materials.
- Pick up “practice application” from Ms. Woodward in the school counseling office to see if you are interested/eligible; qualifications include gifted identification.
- Return “practice application” to Ms. Woodward by December 10, 2010, to indicate serious interest in applying so you can be evaluated as a potential HHS nominee.
- All HHS applicants must complete the actual application and have 2 teacher recommendations completed.
- All completed application materials and recommendations must be returned to Ms. Woodward by January 7, 2011, in order to be evaluated for submission to county.
- HHS may only submit 2 students to the county for selection; all students will be notified of whether or not they were selected as HHS nominees.